Friday 21 May 2010

21/05/2010

So, as I mentioned, I have zero tolerance for idiocy. Today I realized that I too, have a low tolerance for stubbornness and obstinacy. So like I was in class, and these two classmates were arguing over the meanings of two Russian words, and one was so outrageously wrong and when I just stepped in, the wrong one glared at me and said "What do you know about this?". Obviously you're the wrong one here, you donkey-ass stubborn sonovabitch, and of all things, you DARE challenge MY knowledge of Russian language? And the teacher slammed the table and told him to shut up (to my gloating pleasure), and he didn't even offer an apology!

Right, so that soured my mood considerably. And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, my brother replied my message (I'd asked him about my blood pressure earlier, my dad was like "slightly high but nevertheless ok", but I trusted my brother more (shame on me) and so I'd decided to ask him). So I'd asked him about why there was a difference in the blood pressure numbers of my right and left arm, and he replied, "probably an error in the measurement. If the difference is not much, it does not matter. But what matters most is your BP is too high for your age. You gotta watch your diet."

Crap. My diet. Well, it's always been Chinese food, and we know the Chinese live longer than the Westerners, so it obviously shouldn't be a problem, should it? And I've been doing gym training PLUS basketball, so why do I have high blood pressure now?

Until I remembered my mother's words a few years back: "You must always take care of your health and watch your temper, because your family has a history of high blood pressure and diabetes. Look at your mother, now she's suffering from high blood pressure due to bad care of herself and bad temper."

Damn. Me and my bad temper. My mum's been getting me to fix that temper of mine for years, since I was 12, I believe, but it has only been fixed slightly. Or probably not fixed, because unlike at home, I let it all out at my poor mum, but I swallow all my rage, pains and anguishes into myself.

Well at least now I know why I'm so tired these days, why I had breathing difficulties at the MCSC luncheon last Sunday. I'm sorry for not listening to you, mum. I really am.

1 comment:

  1. Chill la mike xD!,remember, The flame of Anger And Rage will always be extinguished by the sea of Peace and Tranquility,..n ya u get the point~ LOL!

    ReplyDelete