Sunday 23 May 2010

23/05/2010

Guess today has been a... fulfilling day. Went for Wesak celebration with Li Fen, Pan, and Jeannie. Celebration lasted from 11am to around 2pm, and involved ceremonies like chanting sutras, bathing the statue of Buddha. Lunch was awesome, vegetarian fried noodles (prepared by Chai Way and team, if I recall correctly) and vegetarian pilaff (prepared by a Russian dude, well he DID have good intentions, but pilaff just isn't pilaff without meat =( the smell of oil/butter is just too strong for comfort).

That being said, as I stood amongst fellow devotees, as I bathed the statue of Buddha with a fellow senior, I was reminded of the fact that I hadn't done this in 4 years, ever since I came to study here. In Malaysia, Wesak Day was like, hop on mum's car, go from temple to temple, and stop at the Seberang Perai Buddhist Association for FOOD! And bathe the statue with scented water filled with flowers, take 2 packets of the Buddha's "bath water", bring it home, mix it with my own bathing water and take a cool refreshing bath. Damn, I miss that stuff. The upside, however is that I'll be able to do it again in 4 years' time!

So after that, I went to the bookshop to hunt for a board, which I could nail to the wall and skewer bits and pieces of information on. Found a pretty good one (cork wood, couldn't find the modern type) for 750 rubles, which, frankly speaking was less than what I expected.

Got home, nailed the board, talked with an old schoolmate of mine, and went down for basketball, stopped on the way to tease a junior about a certain guest, and to my pleasant surprise, I found someone who actually read this!

Well of course about this junior, I guess there might be a blog entry coming up some time soon, depending on my level of procrastination.

Basketball game today was pretty good, at least we had a new guy, and there was an Arabian idiot who (deliberately?) shot the ball into the ring and had it land on my head for a painful whack. Wow the next time he does that I think I'll take a knife and cut the line between his testicles for good.

Nevertheless, I'm known as the master of abrupt endings, so over and out. Till next time.

3 comments:

  1. hello, hw r u nw?when ll u bc to malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...pain or not? i see the wesak event is fell on 23 of may...any photos??

    ReplyDelete