Saturday 10 July 2010

10/07/2010

Honestly. Does a heart attack affect your brain? Prapz’s patient struck again today with his haircut comments. Albeit with major errors.

Apparently:

1) He thought Shafiq was me.

2) Shafiq has short hair.

Dude was ranting all the while when the nurse was getting his drop infusion system administered. Something about wanting to get a pair of scissors and cut Shafiq’s hair himself.

Couldn’t take it anymore and for the first time in my supposedly work-only report file, I scribbled “Note that heart diseases affect patients mentally too.”

Worse thing about practicals is that things got really boring since Monday. The nurse on duty was an arrogant bitch who wouldn’t stand for accepting any of our help (not even when she was holding an IV stand in each hand and balancing a medical tray on both her wrists) and wouldn’t even let us watch her performing her chores.

Saturday nurses, however are nice. They were polite, willing to let us try, and explained stuff even when we didn’t even ask.

And one thing that is annoying is that it’s getting really hot here. It’s sweltering, and I’m walking to the hospital in the morning, walking back to the hospital at midday. Which means my arms and parts of my body not covered by the shirt and jeans are obviously much darker. And I come back home with a semi-transparent shirt wet from sweat. Feels kind of icky peeling that thing off your skin.

Icing on the cake for this week was seeing that my dear li’l bro failed his chemistry. HAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment